Saturday 28 February 2015

Watercolour Poinsettia


Hi!  I had another go at watercolouring this week - practice makes perfect they say, and I definitely need some of that, but I'm enjoying it - and hey that is what counts right!

I used the Pebeo drawing gum again, and this time wanted to have a darker edge to the image on the background, but I'm not sure that really worked - there may be too much blue on this one!







I am adding this card to: 
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up - #2 Anything Goes
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - #69 Anything Goes with a twist - embossing wet or dry
Addicted to Stamps and More - #133 Holiday

Materials Used:
Stampin' Up! - Joyful Christmas stamp set, markers in tempting turquoise, old olive, real red and crushed curry. gold embossing powder
Crafters Companion - watercolour card
Pebeo - drawing gum

 


4 comments:

  1. Your poinsettia is beautiful and I love your water colored background! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!! I'm a total novice when it comes to water colouring and it scares me a little too. I think you've done a beautiful job with your card and absolutely love the way you coloured in blue around the flower. Would never have thought to do that!! Its gorgeous and I'm so glad you shared this with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card thanks for sharing with SBBCRachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO lovely. This was one of my favourite stamps from years past! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More! We would love for you to play along again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all.
Mandy x