Saturday 12 September 2015

Lacy Sunshine #67 - Winds of Change


Its time for a new challenge over at Lacy Sunshine, and for this challenge the theme is Winds of Change - anything to do with the changes in seasons.

This card turned out very different to what started in my mind!  My mojo has been seriously missing the last few months (yes months!!! not good!) so I have been watching a lot of YouTube recently for ideas.  I wanted to make a partial die cut frame with an inked background, but then I thought hmm... this is a digi image so no dies, and if I do a square partial die cut around the image I will really struggle to cut the image out!  So I thought, ok, I'll a straight line cut either side of the image and would cut around it - and voila this is what I came up with!

The inked background turned out to be a nice surprise too.  I haven't done much ink blending, but see so many wonderful creations where people have used this technique, so I wanted to do that on this card instead of using a background paper.  I thought I would do the background before colouring the image so that I could match the colours.  At first it was quite splotchy and I wasn't very pleased with it at all, but I thought ah well lets do some colouring and I'll decided what to do then - and what happened?  While I as colouting, the ink all smoothed out and gave me quite a nice piece for the background - I hope you agree!
 
Please pop on over to Lacy Sunshine and join in the fun for the random draw  - there will be 2 winners: 1st prize - 5 digi images, 2nd prize - 3 digi images of choice from the Lacy Sunshine Crafters Candy Shoppe.

We have a gorgeous Challenge Digi for you, which you can get for a special discounted price of $2.00 for the duration of the challenge from the Lacy Sunshine Crafters Candy Shoppe, or for free if you used a Lacy Sunshine digi in Challenge #66 (see details on the Challenge Blog).


I am adding this card to the following:
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes 08/09/15 - 14/09/15
A BIt More Time to Craft Challenge - #3 Anything Goes 

Materials Used:
Lacy Sunshine - Emily's Windy Day digi image
Copics - E00, E01, E02, E43, R83, R85, B00, YG61, YG63, YG67, YR21, YR23, YR27
Stampin' Up! - Butterfly Basics stampt set, Inks: Tangelo Twist, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Hello Honey
Simon Says Stamp, Pretty Pink Posh, Neat & Tangles - sequins
Hunkydory - 5" x 7" white card blank

2 comments:

  1. Awesome ... great image and that background is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
    (Hugs) Cara
    Through The Craft Room Door {Owner}
    TTCRD Challenge Blog
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this CAS card Mandy and the ombre effect on the background too.

    Hugs, Vannessa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all.
Mandy x