Wednesday 14 September 2016

Anna Griffin Pinecone Christmas Card and Gift

Hi!  Today I have a Christmas card and gift to share!  As I am sure you will have seen from recent posts I have been in a bit of an "Anna Griffin" crafty mode, so no surprise here is another project using her fabulous goodies!

I used my Cricut and an image from a gorgeous Anna Griffin cartridge, and had a go at something that I had wanted to try for ages - making a stencil on my Cricut for glass etching.  I would have to admit that the design I chose for the stencil was a bit fiddly because of all of the bits I needed to make sure stayed on the glass to create the full image.  Given this was my first attempt I am very happy with the results, and will definitely have another go.  My top tip here is if you have not done this before use a very simple outline design for your first go! :-)

Having decorated the glass candle votives I made a card to match, and then decorated the box the candles came in.  I also put some gold mirror card inbetween the candle and the glass so that you can see the design (the candles are white!) which would obviously need to be removed before lighting!

I am adding this to:
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes 13/09/16

Materials Used:
Anna Griffin - Anna's Christmas Cards & Embellishments Cricut cartridge, Holiday metallic cardstock layers, Holiday Trimming II card kit, Scattered Holly embossing folder, perfect bows, Christmas paper from stash
Armour Etch - glass etching cream
Cricut - Explore Air Gold machine, vinyl and vinyl transfer tape
Tiger - candles and votive holders 

1 comment:

  1. This is just fabulous, thanks so much for joining us at Through The Craft Room Door xx Jan DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all.
Mandy x