Monday 12 June 2017

Screen Sensation Tshirt and Bag - and they match too!



Hi again!  Today I want to share a project that I am very excited about - a matching tshirt and bag that I have made using the Screen Sensation system, using the gorgeous mask screen.


I printed the fabric that I used for the bag at the Screen Sensation masterclass that I attended a few days ago - all I needed to do once I got home was to heat set the ink by ironing it for 3-4 minutes (on the back first and then the front).  I decided to wash it before using it as it had become rather creased, so I gave it a whizz around the washing
machine on a normal wash at 30 degrees.  Then a quick iron and it was all ready to be cut and made up into a bag.



Then I thought I would have a go at printing onto a tshirt, and as a few of you  had asked how I did the two colour print I thought I would make this quick video to show you.  It's my first video and voiceover - so please excuse the odd wobbly bit!


Materials Used:
Screen Sensation -  starter kit, Mask screen, red and black inks
Bag Pattern - Sally Shopper by Owl and Sewing Cat
Other - white tshirt, white Egyptian cotton fabric, Rose & Hubble red/white spotty and black/white spotty fabric

1 comment:

  1. I have just treated myself to the Screen Sensation stuff, including this screen. Thanks for the video Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all.
Mandy x