Saturday 7 June 2014

Kraftyhands June Challenge - Floral Fancy


So here we are, the 7th June!  So time for a new Kraftyhands Challenge!  This month its Floral Fancy, and I decided to use the gorgeous new Retro Roses papers as I just love them, and this idea seemed a perfect time to share them with you!

I took a piece of card and drew a curve shape to make the grand piano design (ok so it took a few goes to get the shape I liked), and I now have that as a template to draw round to make a card.  I also scanned the shape on my Brother SnC and reduced the size to give me the patterned paper layer which I inked around. I also inked around the flowers, sentiment and keys.


I am adding this card to the following:
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

Materials Used:
Kraftyhands - Retro Roses 12" x 12" papers, Kew Floral CD (sentiment)
Copics - G94, G99 (to colour the calyx on the roses)
Die-namics - leaf filled flourish 
Brittania Dies - large and medium multiflower rose dies
Ranger - brushed corduroy distress Ink
Brother Scan N Cut - to cut out the backing paper and the piano keys
Core'Dinations - pink card
Craftwork Cards - 8" x 8" white card blank, white card
Waco - cream pearl maker pen 

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing card shape and so beautifully decorated .
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these papers too Mandy and what an unusual shaped card you have made with them.Lovely.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant card Mandy. You have a great imagination. hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever card shape for a music buff Mandy.Love the beautiful papers and the piano keys..brilliant.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! What a great design Mandy. Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
    Please join us again! (Hugs) Cara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all.
Mandy x